NNI is unique in that it maintains the capability to provide welding services for both military and commercial customers. We have welding procedures qualified to NAVSEA Technical Publication 248 for ship structure and piping/machinery/pressure vessels. Our procedure base also includes numerous procedures qualified to ASME IX for commercial applications.
Our knowledge of the AWS Structure Welding Code (AWS D1.1) allows us to fit, weld and NDE a wide variety of structures with competency and to the highest quality standards. NNI welders are qualified for flux core and gas metal arc welding of carbon and low alloy steels.
NNI maintains expertise in the following welding processes:
- GTAW (gas tungsten-arc) including pulse GTAW
- Orbital and fixed head GTAW for mechanized welding of piping
- GMAW (gas metal-arc) semiautomatic and mechanized
- Pulsed GMAW for out of position welding, semiautomatic and mechanized
- SMAW (shielded metal arc)
- FCAW (flux core) semiautomatic and mechanized
- SAW (submerged arc)
- Examples of base materials qualified include:
- Carbon Steels
- High strength low alloy steels (HY-80/100,HSLA-80/100)
- Austenitic, martensitic, ferritic and duplex stainless steels
- Cr-Mo steels
- Nonferrous metals (NiCu, CuNi)
- Inconels (600,625, Hastelloy 276)
- Aluminum alloys
NNI has welding engineering and welding metallurgy expertise on staff that can assist you in resolving your most difficult welding problems.
Weld Record Management System - WMS
NNI utilizes a proprietary weld record management system that streamlines the weld record process and protects final record quality. This system also improves the overall cost performance by reducing the time required to record a weld to mere seconds with nearly flawless accuracy. The system can provide our customers with a single report identifying all the welds with the inherent critical data or with a highly reliable report for each weld. This system, when utilized, saves our customers countless hours of administrative processing time over the standard ‘wet’ record process.